Smarter Shows is a global B2B events organiser based in Brighton, UK.
Smarter Shows (Tarsus) Limited
For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, Smarter Shows, “ us”, “we” or “our” is the data controller. Smarter Shows/We means Smarter Shows (Tarsus) Limited. Our registered office is at Second Floor, 79/83 North Street, Brighton, BN1 1ZA. Should you need to contact us, please contact us at [email protected] or please write to us at:
The Data Protection Officer, Smarter Shows (Tarsus) Limited, Second Floor, 79/83 North Street, Brighton, BN1 1ZA
What is covered in this policy?
This policy covers all personal information collected and used by Smarter Shows. “Personal information" means any information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information held by us) enables you to be identified as an individual or recognised directly or indirectly.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Gathering of your personal data
We may collect information about you from different sources detailed below.
Information / data that you provide to us:
When you access and browse our website (including when you register for an event (live or virtual), subscribe to our newsletters or fill in forms on our website), download our Event App, access a third party virtual platform and when you correspond with us by phone or email or other electronic means including social networking websites, you may give us information about yourself. The information you give us may include:
- your name and title;
- payment processing information;
- postal address;
- personal/work email address;
- landline and/or mobile telephone number;
- delivery details;
- dietary and access requirements;
- your photo;
- your social media account details;
- information about your employment (including your job title, responsibilities and employer’s details); and
- your product / service information
- your procurement interests, priorities and preferences
Information / data that we collect about you:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating systems and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstreams to, on and from our website, products you viewed or searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
Information / data that we receive and collect from other sources:
We may receive information about you from other websites operated by Smarter Shows or from the other services that we provide including our events,virtual events ,webinars and newsletters.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your computer's hard drive or on your browser. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies help analyse web traffic or remember when you visit a particular website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use first party cookies (these are placed there and used solely by Smarter Shows) and third-party cookies (these are placed there by third parties we work with).
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation and functionality of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below: